Online quiz software comes in many varieties and flavors, making it difficult to compare applications. The proper online quiz software will help you improve efficiency while the wrong software can frustrate teachers to no end.Here is some simple guidance to choose the right online quiz software.
What do you intend to use the online quiz software for? This is one of the key considerations when purchasing online quiz software application. Make a list of the needs you’d like the software to address. Your needs list should consist only of the features absolutely necessary in order for the software to work for you. For instance, you may need SCORM compliant Flash quiz output in order to use for your learning management system. Then, the SCORM feature is the primary factor when you picking out online quiz software.
Next, calculate how much you can afford for the online quiz creator software. The price of online quiz software varies, so identify the budget before choosing the software.
Ease of use is the important factor when you choose a software application. “Time is money”, we all know that. The original intention of utilizing software is to help you work more smoothly and simply. Just assuming that you should make a test for tomorrow’s testing, your work will become more complex and inefficient if you have to spend a lot of time in learning how to use the quiz software and asking for help from customer support.
The more smoothly the software runs, the better it will be adopted. The quiz creation process will be more smoothly if the quiz software runs stably, no errors alert frequently. Teachers should be able to create quizzes quickly, easily without hogging up computer resources.
Productivity will be doubled if the online quiz software has multiple uses. Often times teachers desire formative assessment to understand where the students are at. Item banks of questions should be available and shareable. Teachers should be able to partner and learn within their professional learning communities..
Online quiz software should provide an easy way to make quizzes for online usage. Here are some features you should consider: Quiz output. HTML, Flash, Word, Excel or Text format. If you want to use quizzes in your LMS question type are True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Response, Fill in the Blank, Matching, Sequence, Word Bank, Click Map and short assay. Multimedia should be supported to enrich your quizzes with audio, images, and videos.
Online quiz software should provide an easy way to make quizzes for online usage. Here are some features you should refer:
- Quiz output. HTML, Flash, Word, Excel or Text format. If you want to use quizzes in your LMS, SCORM/AICC compliant quiz maker should be in consideration.
- Question type. Normal question type are True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Response, Fill in the Blank, Matching, Sequence, Word Bank, Click Map and short assay.
- Multimedia supported. Enrich your quizzes with audio, images, and video.
- Quiz results tracking. The quiz can be marked instantly after quiz takers finish the quiz, big-time saving for your assessment work. Take QuizCreator for example, it provides E-mail tracking, free QMS tracking and LMS tracking options for users.
- Randomization and reusability. Randomization allows users to create different quizzes in one time avoid cheating. The created quizzes can be reused, that will save you a lot of time if you need to use the quiz again.
In summary, buying good online quiz software is a matter of doing your research by considering each of the factors above. Good luck!